Oakgrove School is currently changing its uniform supplier from John Lewis/SWI to Maisies (www.maisies-superstore.co.uk). John Lewis remain the official supplier until the end of their contract period, being 10th July 2018. Items of sports-kit, which previously came from SWI, will now be supplied through Maisies with immediate effect.
Part One: Oakgrove School – Primary and Nursery (Nursery – Year 6)
It is our aim at Oakgrove School to bring each individual to his/her full potential in a school atmosphere of harmony and shared community values. All children are expected to arrive for school smartly dressed in the correct uniform.
- Navy Blue sweatshirt with or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- White polo shirt with or without Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- Plain dark (black, grey or navy) comfortable bottoms – e.g. leggings, tracksuit bottoms
Reception through to Year 6
- White polo shirt with Oakgrove Primary School logo*
- Grey tailored trousers / skirt
- Navy blue fleece with Oakgrove Primary School logo (optional)*
- Plain black tights or white socks with skirts
- Plain black socks with trousers
- Sensible flat black shoes (no logos/branding, trainers, trainer type shoes, canvas shoes/pumps or similar allowed)
- Navy blue cardigan or sweatshirt with Oakgrove Primary School logo*
As above with the option of:
- Navy blue checked summer dress
- Grey school shorts
Jewellery and Hair – Applicable to all year groups
- Jewellery and make-up is not permitted with the exception of a watch
- Children with pierced ears may wear one sleeper or stud in the lobe of each ear
- Items of religious jewellery must be discussed with the Deputy Head or Headteacher
- Hairstyles need to be appropriate for school. Extreme hairstyles are not permitted, these include:
- Not too short, nor too long, a “number 2” is the minimum acceptable in terms of length;
- Artwork on the scalp or eyebrows is regarded as a fashion extreme and is therefore not permitted;
- Hair should be one tone;
- Hair bands and head scarves should be strictly functional and navy blue, light blue, black or white.
PE KIT – Applicable to all year groups
- Navy blue shorts
- Round necked plain white T shirt
- Black plimsolls or suitable trainers
- A plain navy or black tracksuit may be worn during the winter months for outdoor sports
- Plain white /black socks
No jewellery of any type may be worn in PE or Games.
John Lewis is the named outfitters until 10th July 2018. Maisies is the named outfitters from 11th July 2018
* Items marked with an asterisk must be purchased from John Lewis/Maisies
Additional Items (compulsory)
- Book bag with school logo (can be purchased from John Lewis/Maisies)
- PE drawstring bag in plain navy blue fabric
Additional Items (optional)
We appreciate parents’ support in ensuring children arrive at school smartly dressed in their appropriate school uniform.